Taking the perfect selfie takes a lot of work, skill, and knowledge. One thing that everyone looks out for is the double chin. We all have it, no matter what body type you have. You gotta angle your phone the right way, you gotta turn your face the right way….you do ALL this to ensure that double chin is nowhere to be found.
Then again, we are all humans. No one is PERFECT, regardless the amounts of filters we place on our photos, and edits we do to our faces. There are some “problems” that occur that make us think that our photo is not good enough. But if you are one of those people who think plastic surgery is the only way to get rid of your double chin…think again!
There are five simple exercises that will help improve your double chin situation. I know for some of us, heading to the gym can be time-consuming, but these chin exercises will require little to no effort to do. So try it out! You can either do one or all of them.
1. According to LiveStrong, sticking out your tongue is a great way to build muscle in your chin and can also reduce a double chin without the stress of surgery. All you have to do is open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can. Essentially you want to feel that your chin and neck are tightened. Leave your tongue out and count to 10. Pretty simple, no?
2. The Ladle is a pretty common face exercise that happens to work out that double chin. According to Remedy Daily, all you have to do is open your mouth, bend your lower lip inward, and close your mouth while pulling your jaw forward. Make sure you do this movement fairly slowly, the slower you do it the more you are working out that specific area!
3. If you LOVE giraffes, pretending to kiss them is a great workout for your chin. Sounds weird, but it works. Gympik notes that all you gotta do is tilt your head backward, look up at the ceiling and pretend you are kissing a giraffe. Hold the duck face for at least a few seconds. Try it out, you’ll notice over time that the double chin is slowly going away.
4. LiveStrong notes that touching your nose with your tongue is not just a trick that people try to accomplish. Whether you can actually accomplish it or not doesn’t really matter. The actual movement of opening your mouth, sticking out your tongue and actually trying to touch the nose is what really matters for removing the double chin. Try it out, our chin will thank you for it later!
A lot of us have used Nivea products throughout the years. Well according to Nivea, “your face contains over 50 different muscles and unlike most of the rest of the body, a lot of these facial muscles are rarely used”. Because they are rarely used, they have the tendency to get saggy throughout the years.
More information on your chin and neck muscles. Nivea continues, saying “By carrying out regular facial exercises, you promote the circulation of blood to the different areas of the face, thus replenishing the oxygen supply in the muscles and the skin”. So not only do these exercises have benefits for your double chin, it’ll have benefits for your entire face.
5. Alright, let’s get to the final exercise. The fifth exercise to help with the appearance of the double chin is “the triangle of youth”. According to Lady Formula, all you have to do is turn your head to one side, pulling your jaw forward and straining your neck. Do the same thing on the other side. Do this a few times and you’ll feel the tension in your jawline increase over time.
It is important to note that solely doing these exercises will not remove a double chin. But doing these exercises ALONG with a healthy diet and working out can definitely help. According to Beach Body On Demand, your double chin is, at the end of the day, a “fat hot pocket”. So what that means, to ultimately get rid of it…you have to reduce overall fat. But regardless, adding these facial workouts will definitely help assist in reducing that double chin!
If you liked this article, please click on the NEXT POST button below, and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends!